February is the month of love, and Valentine’s Day is only a few days away. Here are a 10 fun activities to try with your significant other.
- Movie Night DIY: If your Valentine’s Day date night is looking like it’s going to be spent at home, try a romantic movie or movie genre you and your significant other both enjoy. Grab some popcorn or candy, cook a nice meal, and then enjoy the movie!
- See a comedy show: No movies catching your eye? Attend a live comedy show instead for a night of laughter and good company. Check out a local comedy show at one of these venues!
- Sports Game: If you and your significant other are sport fans, supporting a local team may be perfect. Local teams will have their schedule posted online.
- Visit a Museum: You and your significant other can share your mutual love for art at some of Connecticut’s best museums.
- Ice skating: Ice skating is a great way to spend time bonding over great conversation and a few possible falls. Check out a few local ice skating rinks:
Ralph Walker Skating Rink (New Haven, CT) Champions Skating Center (Cromwell, CT) Danbury Ice Arena (Danbury, CT) Wonderland of Ice (Bridgeport, CT)
- Dinner at home: A romantic meal at home has so many advantages over a noisy, overpriced, overcrowded restaurant. Choosing to stay home instead of going out for Valentine’s day can be a great way to cook up your favorite meal, decorate the table and enjoy the presence of your loved one.
- Paint Date: A paint date allows you to create your own individual masterpiece or paint together one piece with your significant other. You can gather all the supplies and invite your date to your home where you laugh, enjoy food and paint the day away. Alternatively, you can attend a local paint studio. We have a few here in Connecticut:
- Game Night (Dave and Buster’s): Let your inner child come out and spend the night laughing and playing arcade games. You can enjoy a competitive night of games at these local arcades:
- Roller Skating: Enjoy a couples skate at the roller rink to have a retro Valentine’s Day full of fun. Skate rentals aren’t very expensive and remembering how to do it is just like riding a bike-you never forget! Check out these local rinks:
- Visit The Aquarium: Like the museum, admission to your local aquarium is usually pretty affordable. Observing sea creatures can add a little educational twist to your Valentine’s Day. If you have a love for animals, these two local aquariums would be perfect!
No significant other for Valentine’s Day? No problem! You can still enjoy this day of love with close friends, or even by yourself. Here are a few ideas:
- Spa Day: Name one thing better than a relaxing day spent getting massages, manicures and facials? You can’t! You can either take yourself to a local spa or you create your own spa day at home. Here are a few hubs of relaxation you can check out:
2. Host a Secret Valentine Gift Exchange: Just like the idea of a “Secret Santa” gift exchange during Christmas, a “Secret Valentine” will allow you to express love and appreciation with a group of friends.
3. Potluck: Save yourself a few bucks and enjoy a potluck with all your friends. Invite everyone to bring their favorite dishes. You can even include a few games to add a twist!